Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Can HPV Warts Cause Cervical Cancer

Can HPV Warts Cause Cervical Cancer? This is a question often asked regarding the prevalence of HPV infections particularly genital warts. Human Papillomavirus infections have already outnumbered other forms of sexually transmitted diseases. Knowing that some forms of HPV cause this type of cancer and cases of HPV infections like genital and skin warts are increasing, and then we must know if HPV warts cause cervical cancer.
HPV are a group of many forms, they take more than 100 varieties and some of these varieties cause genital warts and skin warts, some harmless, and some more serious. The cause for concern today is that both of these ailments are caused by the Human Papillomavirus. Since both are caused by HPV, then probably warts can be a cause of cervical cancer. It is true that all warts or papillomas are caused by HPV, thus the name. However, with the different types of HPV, it has been studied that the HPV strain that causes warts is different from the one that causes genital warts.
Cervical cancer can be caused by a persisting HPV infection in the cervical region. If undetected and untreated this HPV infection can cause cell abnormalities amongst the surrounding cells and develop into cancer. However there is no scientific proof that these HPV infections are from regular warts or genital warts.
It is safe to say that HPV warts in any form can not possibly cause this cancer. But other forms of HPV infections particularly in the cervical region can be a probable cause of cervical cancer. Referring to the question again - can HPV warts cause cervical cancer? The answer is a no. There is no proof, there has been no case wherein HPV warts infected the cervical area and developed into this cancer. There are various types of HPV. Those types that cause warts are different from the types that cause cancer.

1 comment:

  1. My name is ELLA, I am here to give my testimony about a doctor who helped me in my life. I was infected with GENITAL WARTS 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure her HVP and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the GENITAL WARTS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help ON GENITAL WARTS OR HVP, you can also email him at: dr.babaokadigbo@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete